Pure shea oil is composed of vitamins A, E and F. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging properties and evens skin tone. The vitamin E portion of Shea oil can gradually fade skin scars, acne scarring, and stretch marks over time.
- Shea oil softens dry skin leaving your skin feeling silky
- Shea oil is rich and highly absorbent, it works well to moisturise all skin types including sensitive and dry skin.
- Shea oil Is extremely rich, absorbs almost immediately, and a little bit of it goes a long way!
- Shea oil can be used to moisturise all members of the family's skin including babies. It will leave skin with a healthy glow with all-day hydration.
- The oil is occlusive. This means that it prevents water loss from the outer layer of your skin. It's most effective when applied to moist or damp skin, it will not leave your skin greasy like alternatives such as Petrolatum jelly, Lanolin, mineral oil, cocoa butter or coconut oil.
- Shea oil is non-comedogenic, so it won't block your pores.
It's an effective emollient as it contains long-chain saturated fatty acids (stearic, linoleic, oleic fatty acids) which are commonly used in cosmetic formulations or topical applications.